At Last, a Purely Practical Guide to SNMP Network Monitoring
FRESNO, CA, August 18, 2005 - "How to Implement SNMP Monitoring in Your Network," a concise guide to solving the practical problems of deploying SNMP alarm monitoring, is now available as a free PDF download from network alarm equipment manufacturer DPS Telecom at www.dpstelecom.com/snmp-implementation.
As the telecom industry standardizes on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) for network alarm monitoring, network managers need a straightforward, purely practical guide through the complexities of SNMP implementation, according to DPS Telecom CEO Bob Berry.
"All other existing SNMP reference books are theoretical treatises written for IT techs who manage computer networks. There's nothing for the telecom manager who needs carrier-grade or better visibility of telephony equipment and remote site environments, and needs to install an alarm system on time and on budget," said Berry.
"This guidebook is unique. It takes you step by step through SNMP deployment, showing you how to get the best possible network visibility while avoiding pitfalls that can create delayed installations, cost overruns and reduced monitoring capability," said Berry.
"How to Implement SNMP Monitoring in Your Network" includes step-by-step guides showing network managers how to:
- Use protocol mediation to integrate older, non-SNMP equipment with an SNMP alarm system - eliminating the huge expense of a forklift replacement and preserving your investment in your existing alarm gear.
- Transport SNMP data over serial and modem connections - you can implement SNMP monitoring immediately while avoiding the high cost of installing IP networking at all your remote sites.
- Correctly evaluate SNMP equipment - don't fall into the trap of replacing your current alarm system with a less capable SNMP system.
- Gradually replace non-SNMP remote telemetry units (RTUs) with new, SNMP RTUs - avoiding the immense manpower costs of a wholesale replacement.
- Gradually upgrade remote sites to IP networking - modernize your infrastructure over several budget cycles without wasting money.
"How to Implement SNMP Monitoring in Your Network" is available free to telecom professionals as a PDF download at www.dpstelecom.com/snmp-implementation.
This white paper is the latest in DPS Telecom's series of Alarm Monitoring Survival Guides - fast informal tutorials on technology and business issues related to telecom network alarm monitoring. The Alarm Monitoring Survival Guide series offers over 15 white papers on basic alarm monitoring, SNMP, using network monitoring to reduce maintenance costs, telemetry protocol mediation, cost-reduction strategies and other topics.
The complete Alarm Monitoring Survival Guide series is available for free download at www.dpstelecom.com/white-papers. DPS Telecom also distributes technical information free of charge through its Web site, www.dpstelecom.com, and its ezine, "The Protocol," www.theprotocol.com.
About DPS Telecom
DPS Telecom is an industry-leading manufacturer of network alarm monitoring solutions. DPS clients include RBOCs, ILECs, CLECs, gas and electric utilities, heavy and light rail transit, government agencies and manufacturers.
More information is available at www.dpstelecom.com
Request More Info
(simple online form)
Next Page >>
most related to this one
Give Us a Call!
To find out more about this and other DPS applications, give us a call at our toll-free number and talk to one of our network specialists. They'll help you put together a perfect fit solution for your network!