- OTT Communications Improves Remote Site Visibility with Tempdefenders
Frank Dorr is a Network Engineering Technician for OTT Communcations. OTT Communications and their employees are dedicated to offering reliable and affordable telephone and internet services to customers in residential and business applications...
- Motorola Solutions Improves Efficiency and Meets Customer Demands with a Custom-Engineered Trap48RA
You can find Motorola Solutions products and services in a wide range of workplaces. From the retail floor to the warehouse and from the small town police station to large, complex multi-agency public safety operations and the most secure government...
- NetGuardian RTUs Provide Advanced Building Access Control for Wheatland Electric
Wheatland Electric Cooperative, Inc. was established in 1948 as a power and distribution cooperative to provide electrical service for member consumers who could not individually provide their own power. Today, Wheatland Electric serves more than 33,000...
- Duke Energy Continues Long Tradition of Using NetGuardians and T/Mon for Remote Monitoring
The history of Duke Energy dates back to the early 1900s when James Buchanan Duke worked to bring an integrated electric system of hydro-powered generating stations to the North Carolina countryside. Today, Duke Energy is the largest electric power holding company in the United States, supplying and delivering energy to approximately 7 million U.S. customers. As a Fortune 250 company with over $100+ billion in assets, Duke is currently investing in...
- Custom Firmware Allows Wyoming PBS to Avoid Costly Truck Rolls
KCWC-TV/Wyoming PBS was established to provide a public television service and distance learning to the citizens of Wyoming. Over the last 26 years, with the generous support of state and federal grants combined with private donations, the station...
- RT Communications Prevents Service Disruptions Using T/Mon and NetGuardian RTUs
RT Communications was created in 1993 through the vision of Range Telephone Cooperative's Board of Trustees to provide the latest in telecommunications services to the residents of Wyoming. Now, RT Communications serves approximately 12,400 subscribers...
- Case Study: NV Energy Polls Badger, Larse Equipment with T/Mon LNX
NV Energy provides power for 2.4 million Nevada residents and the tens of millions of tourists that visit Las Vegas, Reno, and other state attractions annually. "We use the NetGuardians to poll Comm. equipment - muxes, SONET, and so on."... ...
- Case Study: U.S. Cellular Remotely Manages Generators, T1 Cell Site with NetGuardian 216T and Rochester Propane Sensor
Kurt Klein is a cell-site technician for U.S. Cellular, a wireless service provider with 5.9 million customers. "I wanted to be able to remotely control and reset the generators, and I wanted to be able to monitor everything I possibly could."...
- How 22 Solutions LLC Prepared to Electronically Control Site Access and Remotely Toggle System Power
22 Solutions LLC is a Systems Integration Test and Project Management company. They provide system turn-up, testing, and installation for SONET and DWDM rings, along with fiber characterization, Ethernet Backhaul testing, and system design for customers and carriers nationwide. 22 Solutions LLC troubleshoots and fixes problems with quality solutions without delays, thus enabling customers to hit deadlines, meet milestones and land funding...
- Case Study: TBayTel Looks to NetGuardian, T/Mon to Secure Network
Jim Mackenzie is a Network Planner for TBayTel, a telecommunications company offering Telephone, Internet, Television, and Cellular services in the 300,000 square kilometer area in Northern Ontario around Thunder Bay......
- Nemont Telephone Proactively Monitors Critical Equipment to Prevent Service-Affecting Outages
Nemont Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (Nemont) was organized in 1950 by people in rural areas wanting telephone service. Today, its services have expanded to include cellular, local, long-distance, internet, and cable TV. Nemont has been recognized in the national media for its deployment of broadband technology in rural areas...
- Case Study: How Interbel Telephone Monitors Their 3 Fiber Rings and Plans to Control Door Locks Electronically
Based in northwestern Montana, Interbel Telephone has about 3500 access lines, 3 fiber rings, 1 central office, and about 30 remote sites. In an earlier case study, you heard from Central Office Supervisor Marty Sosa, who discussed the alarm monitoring...
- Okuda Sangyo Philippines Provides Monitoring for Major Utility Using DPS Engineering Flexibility that Delivers E1 RTUs, WAN Muxes, and VLAN Routers
Okuda Sangyo Philippines is a systems integrator, designing and delivering solutions for some of the largest public and private companies in the Philippines. Willie Ledesma is an Account Officer for Okuda Sangyo Philippines. When he needed remote...
- Orlando Utilities Commission Prevents Network Outages with their T/Mon Master Station
Over the last century, as Orlando evolved from a small town into a vibrant city, the Orlando Utilities Commission has been a community backbone. For 90 years, the OUC has been serving residential and commercial customers with dependable, low-cost electric...
- Nemont Telephone Gains Superior Network Visibility with T/Mon and
Nemont Telephone Gains Superior Network Visibility with T/Mon and "Rock-Solid" NetGuardians Nemont Telephone Cooperative, Inc. was organized in 1950 by people in rural areas wanting telephone service. Today, its services include cellular, local, long-distance,...
- National Grid Corporation of the Philippines Integrates Multiple Monitoring Systems into One Using E1-Capable NetGuardians, IP Cameras, and a T/Mon Master Station
The National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) was incorporated in 2008 when it assumed the crucial task of delivering safe and reliable electricity throughout the Philippines, a responsibility formerly held by the National Transmission Corporation...
- Midvale Telephone Exchange Uses SiteMON IP Cameras for Site Security and Observation
Midvale Telephone Exchange, Inc. (MTE), based in Idaho, is a family-owned and operated company that has been in operation since 1909. MTE originally offered service in Midvale, Idaho, a farming community of just a few hundred people. Today, MTE offers......
- Gaston County Monitors Vaccine Refrigerators and Other Critical Equipment with AlphaMax and DPM Alarm Remotes
Gaston County Monitors Vaccine Refrigerators and Other Critical Equipment with AlphaMax and DPM Alarm Remotes The municipal county government of Gaston County operates on behalf of the nearly 200,000 residents in Southwest North Carolina. Barry Styers......
- NJ Transit Protects Rail Service with T/Mon and NetGuardian Remotes
NJ Transit, New Jersey's public transportation corporation, is the United States' third largest provider of bus, rail, and light-rail transit. NJ Transit links major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia, providing nearly 223 million passenger...
- Nova Scotia Power Upgrades SNMP Manager to T/Mon
Nova Scotia Power provides nearly 97 percent of the electricity for Nova Scotia, and has served as their main provider for over 80 years. This includes a growing base of some 483,000 commercial, residential, and industrial customers. "Now we monitor the...
- Moundridge Telephone Installs a Voice 16
Ken Richards works for Moundridge Telephone, providing telephone and internet services to the people of Moundridge, Kansas. In early 2010, Richards wanted to get voice alarm notifications for one of his sites, but there weren't many solutions available...
- KNPC uses TMon to consolidate monitoring for Microwave, Tetra radio, and SDH systems
Kuwait National Petroleum Company is a state-owned refiner and distributor of petroleum products. It controls three refineries at a capacity of 410,000 barrels of oil per day. "We have a Microwave system with its own monitoring system; we have a SDH system with its own monitoring system; and a TETRA radio system that also has its own monitoring system. So I'm thinking now we can consolidate all of these with T/Mon."
- Proactive Monitoring Helps DANC Avoid Costly Truck Rolls...
With the network spanning hundreds of miles across the Jefferson, Lewis, and St. Lawrence Counties of New York, it's hard to believe only four technicians manage such a large territory. Tim Field, a Network engineer for DANC, provided a closer look at their operations, and explained how proactive network monitoring allows them to keep tabs on their large fiber network...
- CC Communications Take Control of Their Network Reliability with T/Mon
CC Communications has used DPS Telecom monitoring equipment since they first recognized their need for network visibility. Toll Technician James Granger has found consistent, positive results with the service at DPS. "I really believe in the DPS program: the way you guys take care of your clients and the way your...
- Case Study: Silver Star Communications Establishes Critical Alternate-Path Access to DLC, Mux, and Switch Equipment during LAN Failures
Jim Eddins is the Central Office Technician for Silver Star Communications in Freedom, WY. "I take care of everything from inside the central office to the remote huts," he explains. "And I mean everything. I handle anything from equipment installations to mopping the floors."
- Case Study: How Startec Global Communications Monitors the Switches, Softswitches, and DACS in Their International Network
With sites across the US and into Canada, Startec needed an effective way to collect alarms from their DACS units, Fiber-muxes, Sonus softswitch, and GSP switch. Although the DACS and switching gear output alarms via human-readable ASCII text messages (including TL1 protocol), simply assigning operators to "watch for important alarms" was not a good option. For ASCII text streams with any significant traffic, human operators easily become...
- Case Study: How Interbel Telephone Restored Alarm Visibility After Their Switch Upgrade...
- National Grid Tackles Fiber-Ring Alarms with 3 T/Mon NOC Master Stations...
National Grid is one of the largest investor-owned utilities in the world, and the second largest utility in the US. In order to protect their fiber network, the company has deployed multiple T/Mon NOC masters. Read this full case study now to learn how SNMP trap processing accelerated repair work after a very unusual fiber cut...
- Nemont Telephone Tackles Fiber Cuts with a Superior Monitoring Platform
When choosing which equipment to purchase, Nemont looked to another trusted company for advice. Vision Net provides after-hours monitoring services for Nemont's network. "Vision Net started monitoring for us," Wang said. "They had the DPS monitoring system in place, so we mirrored what they had. We monitor from 8 to 5. After hours, Vision Net has...
- Kitsap County CENCOM Protects 911 Service With Help from DPS
"Wanting to expand their alarm coverage territory, Kitsap County had to come up with a plan. Their goal was to maintain their current high level of network reliability and efficiency, while expanding to..."
- Consolidated Communications lays ground for Fiber transports with the NetGuardian 216F...
Serving markets in three states, Consolidated Communications is the 13th largest independent local telephone company in the nation. With the company expanding and upgrading to fiber-optic systems, they wanted an alarm remote that would meet their transport needs to consolidate their systems. Most important was...
- Fresno VA Hospital Builds Auto-Dialer Panic Alarm System with DPMs and T/Mon SLIM…
The Fresno VA Hospital prides itself on providing high quality, prompt, and seamless care to veterans. In addition to providing quality care to patients, the VA Hospital strives to provide a secure environment for its patients and employees. Roy Bacon, one of the biomedical engineering technicians responsible for ensuring that all medical equipment is sound, is also responsible for working with the security alarm systems which provide that security. Read more about how he builds an auto-dialer panic alarm system with DPMs and T/Mon SLIM...
- New 911 Center Success Story: Lancaster County-Wide Communications
Lancaster County-Wide Communications (LCWC) provides 9-1-1 services to the County of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The county encompasses approximately 984 square miles and has a population of over 485,000. LCWC answers an average of 580 9-1-1 calls per day and dispatches an average of 1,090 emergency and non-emergency incidents per...
- "Dickey Rural Networks Gets More Site Control with Integrated Building Access System..."
Dickey Rural Networks (DRN) has provided telecommunications, Internet, and television services to 7 counties in the North Dakota Region and 2 counties in the South Dakota region since 1950. Over the years they've expanded their services to local and long distance phone services, custom calling features, voicemail, small and large business telephone systems, special circuits, high-speed and...
- RT Communications Success Story
RT Communications serves approximately 15,300 subscribers in Wyoming, as well as small regions of Montana, Nebraska, and South Dakota. Learn how they're effectively managing a fiber network with advanced monitoring equipment...
- Pepco Protects Electrical Service Reliability with Advanced Alarm Monitoring
Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco) is the premier source of reliable electricity for businesses and communities of the mid-Atlantic region, including Washington D.C. and Maryland. "We're going to be using the NetGuardian a lot..." said Gloria Canales of...
- See This SCADA Solution for Water Treatment...
With the important responsibility of providing clean, safe water for his Sonoma, Calif. community, Chris LaVay was looking for a better SCADA solution for his water treatment plant. Maintaining high-quality water at...
- An Upgrade To A Reliable Alarm System Puts Transco Back in Control...
Before they upgraded their alarm monitoring system, Transco had frequent false alarms that caused a lot of headaches. This just couldn't happen with 10,500 miles of natural gas pipe to monitor. Learn how they put themselves back in control with...
- "Leading IT Consulting Firm Arms a Key Client With Versatile, SNMP-Compatible NetGuardian Remotes..."
Andrey Patsev has setup a number of vital networks for clients during his time with his IT consulting firm. "It is a project-oriented company," Patsev said. "We generate the solution, we propose it, and then we integrate it." His California-based company is a...
- ATC Microwave Ends Nuisance-Alarm Headaches With A Fleet of Advanced RTUs
ATC Microwave, a subsidiary of Time Warner Cable, operates a statewide common carrier microwave site in Washington. With their outdated legacy equipment still in place to monitor their network...
- Kuwait National Petroleum Company Protects Oil-Refining Operations with T/Mon...
Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC) is one of the largest refineries in the world. Learn how they deployed NetGuardians to detect power failures before outages happen...
- This Research Company Solved a Low Visibility Nightmare with an Alarm Monitoring Upgrade...
- Axia Protects the Alberta SuperNet With Advanced Alarm Monitoring and Building Access Control
Axia is an "operator of operators," providing broadband connectivity to service providers and provincial government customers throughout urban and rural Alberta, Canada. With such a vast territory, effective alarm monitoring was particularly important for Axia. Not only did Axia need to receive detailed environmental alarms, but their business model also necessitated robust building access control. "Our most Northern sites can get as cold as 46 degrees below zero - Celsius!"...
- These Senior Techs Upgraded Their Legacy Gear and Saw Their Efficiency Skyrocket. See How You Can Do It Too...
Are you struggling to deal with outdated legacy equipment? Chuck Thomas and Roberto Deleon are Senior Communications Technicians at a major electrical company, and they squashed their legacy troubles with a well-timed master upgrade. Their new master puts all of their alarms from all of their equipment onto one comprehensive screen...
- Cameron Communications Upgrades Their Monitoring to Protect Expanding Infrastructure...
Cameron Communications provides an array of state-of-the-art telecommunications and entertainment services to homes and businesses in rural Southwest and Central Louisiana and Southeast Texas. In the fall of 1999, Cameron contacted DPS Telecom. Learn how superior monitoring equipment allowed Cameron Communications to effectively respond to Hurricane Rita...
- CT Communications Prepares For T/Mon Deployment at Factory Training
CT Communications is an independent telephone company located in Urbana, Ohio, centered between Columbus and Dayton. CT strives to offer their clients the latest and most advanced services. When Central Office Technician Glenn Gregg needed to modernize his alarm monitoring to keep CT ahead of the competition, he turned to DPS Telecom. Read ahead to learn how they prepared to deploy their modern monitoring system at DPS Factory Training.
- All West Communications Eliminates Costly & Dangerous Windshield Time
All West Communications has been serving Utah customers since 1912. With microwave sites at 10,000-foot elevations, poor monitoring means expensive and dangerous snowmobile trips. After participating in a DPS Web Demonstration, All West invested in a T/Mon NOC, a fleet of NetGuardians, and SiteCAM integrated surveillance. Learn how increased network visibility is eliminating unnecessary site visits and accelerating repair operations.
- Comporium Communications Maximizes Alarm Visibility with Industry-Leading Tech Support
When a hardware failure threatened to leave Comporium Communications customers without critical communication services, the DPS Tech Support team knew they had to react quickly. They delivered an advance replacement unit across the country in less than 24 hours. Learn how DPS Tech Support can protect your mission-critical operations with industry-leading response times.
- Consolidated Communications Finds the Perfect Fit
Voice, data, and video services provider Consolidated Communications is enhancing its monitoring with a custom-engineered DPS remote. NetGuardians have already protected Consolidated's network during times of natural disaster, and the versatile new NetGuardian 216T provides FrameRelay/T1 support.
- SAIC Protects Mission-Critical IT Services With Advanced Alarm Monitoring
SAIC is a leading systems, solutions, and technical services company that is currently managing outsourced corporate IT services for Entergy. When legacy monitoring equipment wasn't getting the job done, SAIC turned to DPS for the solution. Learn how a redundant pair of T/Mon NOCs and NetGuardian RTUs form a winning combination for network reliability at SAIC.
- Nebraska Central Telephone Company Protects Upgraded Infrastructure with Advanced Alarm Monitoring
- Energy Northwest Goes Proactive with Upgraded Monitoring
Energy Northwest has been a leading power supplier to the Northwest public power community for nearly fifty years. They recently found themselves with a shortage of trained T/Mon operators at their nuclear power plant. Energy Northwest needed a fast and effective way to train their staff, and they found it. Learn how comprehensive Factory Training made the difference for this public utility.
- Startec Global Achieves Reliable Monitoring With Top-Notch Support and Training
Startec Global Communications provides innovative, affordable, convenient, and easy-to-use telephone, Internet, and, communications services. When monitoring failures and horrible tech support caused problems at Startec, they began searching for a new monitoring system. Find out how the T/Mon NOC, backed by factory training and excellent tech support, allowed Startec to safeguard its network reliability.
- National Grid Protects Service Reliability with T/Mon, NetGuardians, and KDAs
National Grid, one of the world's largest utilities, is protecting revenue-generating service reliability with a DPS alarm monitoring solution. From NetGuardians to KDAs to a sophisticated multi-T/Mon architecture, see how this company has recognized the need to safeguard its valuable network infrastructure. Also, learn how attending DPS Factory Training helped seasoned T/Mon users take their monitoring to the next level.
- Telecom Papua New Guinea Grows Revenue by Improving Network Monitoring
Telikom PNG, the national telecom company of Papua New Guinea, is building a new nationwide monitoring network that will integrate its existing legacy systems. Recognizing the importance of high-quality network monitoring, Telikom PNG is cutting costs and growing revenue. T/Mon's support for multiple protocols allowed them to integrate two separate monitoring systems and avoid replacing their existing remotes. They were also able to greatly improve network visibility and reliability while reducing costly visits to remote sites.
- San Juan County of New Mexico Comes Full-Circle and Completes Legacy Migration
In 1999 San Juan out grew their existing network alarm master and immediately benefited from the deployment of the T/Mon Alarm Management Platform. Over subsequent years they have been proactive with their network surveillance both in the field and at their NOC. Charles Rash, San Juan County Communications Technician provides first hand insight on the migration process. Also learn through their selection process of alarm remotes how they were able to improve visibility at their sites and gained new alarm telemetry at previously unreachable locations.
- Central Lincoln PUD Extends Network Visibility with the NetGuardian
With a coverage area of over 700 square miles along the Oregon coastline, Central Lincoln is using the NetGuardian to gain even more visibility at remote locations without having to do complete overhauls of their existing equipment. "The NetGuardian still has the tie back to the older way of doing things, so with our other equipment we could connect straight into it without having to switch it out" says Dennis Woodward, Communications Foreman, Central Lincoln PUD.
- UnoTelos Keeps Alarm Monitoring in the Forefront of Nigeria's Rapid Growth
Having over 30 years of experience in the energy and telecommunications sectors in Nigeria, UnoTelos is helping its clients position themselves for sustained competition. With rapidly growing networks, UnoTelos is at the forefront, providing key insight about the importance of network alarm monitoring.
- Utah InterLinx Finds The Visibility They Need With The T/Mon SLIM
For Utah InterLinx, a Competitive Access Provider in a rural market, an affordable network monitoring solution seemed hard to find. Most of the products they looked at just didn't address the needs of a smaller network and the ones that did failed to offer the level of visibility they were seeking. Then they found the T/Mon SLIM.
- Would You Trust Your Life to Your Alarm Monitoring?
What kind of monitoring would you trust to keep 911 and police emergency communication running? For over 10 years,EFI provider Mid-State C&E has sold its public safety clients the T/Mon Remote Alarm Monitoring System and other DPS Telecom telemetry solutions.
- 3 Rivers Pounces on Fiber Cuts Using ASCII Alarm Processing
When an overenthusiastic backhoe operator cut a major fiber line, Rick Jacobson of 3 Rivers Telephone knew about the problem almost immediately and was able to fix it fast - thanks to T/Mon's ASCII Alarm Processor.
- Baca Valley Telephone Cuts Monster Windshield Time with Alarm Monitoring
Baca Valley Telephone of Des Moines, NM, had a small windshield time problem involving a mountaintop that's only reachable by Sno-Cat. General manager Paul Briesh explains how he's replaced expensive drive time with cost-effective alarm monitoring.
- Norlight Slashes Service Restoration Time with Strategic Alarm Planning
When Norlight needed an alarm monitoring upgrade, the company formed a Strategic Alarm Committee that included senior directors. The result was upper-management buy-in, a long-term alarming plan, a successful alarm upgrade and improved repair operations.
- Triple Play Provider EastLink Manages Rapid Growth with T/Mon NOC
Video, data and voice provider EastLink's rapid growth and diverse mix of new technology was creating a huge network monitoring challenge. Today EastLink is tacking the challenge and winning with T/Mon NOC.
- Chronos Teaches Senior Managers: You Must Budget to Improve Infrastructure
Chronos Technology, Ltd., the UK's leading provider of turnkey network synchronization tools, uses client education to overcome senior managers' resistance to investing in network infrastructure.
- BNSF Railway Upgrades its Network Monitoring to Meet the Demands of a Growing Network
Managing a 21st century railroad means moving data as well as moving freight, and The Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company (BNSF) has steadily increased its shipping efficiency by continually modernizing its communications network.
- Northwest Communications Cooperative Purchases DPS Telecom Equipment
NCC of Ray, N.D., is expanding service, speeding troubleshooting, reducing windshield time, and improving uptime and customer service, with the help of the T/Mon Remote Alarm Monitoring System.
- If You Can Monitor This, You Can Monitor Anything
Ted Van Tuyl of Click! Network created a unique monitoring application that converts LEDs to contact closures, using DPS equipment - and it immediately paid off by preventing two critical equipment failures.
- Building a New Monitoring Network with the NetGuardian 832A
If you were building an international long-distance network from the ground up, what kind of alarm monitoring would you choose? Andrew Melton of NOS Communications chose the NetGuardian 832A.
- UBTA-UBET Makes One-Step Upgrade from E2A to SNMP
When independent telco UBTA-UBET took over 3 Qwest exchanges, it inherited a stack of legacy E2A equipment. T/Mon provided an upgrade path from legacy to SNMP.
- Paul Bunyan Telephone takes a proactive step to improve remote monitoring by installing an IAM-5 and NetGuardian remotes
Before he came to DPS factory training, Derek Willis didn't know what his IAM-5 could do. In fact, he didn't think it could do very much. But factory training showed him the IAM-5's full capabilities, and now he's excited about using what he's learned to improve his company's remote monitoring.
- NEC 21SV Support Revives Chuck Wood's Legacy Remote Monitoring System
What do you do when you're building new sites and you can't get new RTUs? That was Cingular engineer Chuck Wood's problem when his NEC 21SV remotes were discontinued. Wood thought he faced a difficult choice between a forklift swapout of the NEC 21SVs or running two incompatible systems - but instead he found a DPS Telecom legacy support option.
- ARCOM Relies on DPS Telecom for Customized Legacy Interface Solutions
ARCOM Telecom is a supplier of telecommunications and data networking equipment to service providers and end users of large enterprise networks. Their services include design/implementation engineering, equipment staging/installation, and material coordination (logistics). Located in Dartmouth, N.S. Canada, ARCOM also provides custom cable assemblies and integrated equipment solutions.
- RT Communications Monitors In-House with the NetGuardian and IAM
RT Communications has been providing customers with state-of-the-art telecommunications services and products since 1994. Based in Worland, Wyoming, the company maintains a subscriber base of 17,000 in 16 exchanges.
- "Low voltage and no alarms caused major switch damage we could have prevented ... I was sold on alarming after that"
When he started as a central office tech, Kevin Arthur wasn't impressed with network monitoring. But he changed his mind after unmonitored low voltages destroyed several $5,000 switch cards.
- New York City Transit Launches $141 Million ATM/SONET Network for the 21st Century
Carrying over 4 million passengers on an average weekday, the subway system places huge demands on its internal signal, control, and communications network - which, like the trains, must run 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- Volt Telecom Group
EFI is only part of what the Volt Telecom Group does - they also offer a full spectrum of services in engineering, construction, maintenance, and staffing to a world-wide client base.
- Orius Central Office Service Group
The Orius Central Office Group provides EFI and other value-added services to a prestigious list of telecoms, utilities, and government agencies.
- Texas Lone Star Networks Provides Its Member Telcos with 24/7 Monitoring Using T/MonXM
Based in Marble Falls, Texas, TLSN (Texas Lone Star Network) represents a consortium of 38 independent telephone companies and provides transport service for private networks, local carriers, long distance carriers, CLEC providers and Internet providers throughout the greater Texas area.
- Dominion Combines Three Systems Into One
Nine months ago, Dominion had a problem. The Virginia-based energy giant operates an extensive internal communications network, and it was monitored by several different systems.
- KMC Telecom Saves $2 Million Per Year by Bringing Monitoring In House
Why pay someone to do something you can do yourself? That was the question KMC Telecom, a fast-growing integrated provider of voice, data, and Internet services, asked itself ...
- Triangle Communications Boosts Network Reliability with In-House Monitoring
Triangle Communication System Inc. is a cooperative cable television service, in-touch long distance, ISP and cellular service provider, based out of Havre, Montana. Triangle covers 17,000 subscribers over a mostly rural geographical area of Montana from the Canadian to Wyoming borders.
- EATEL Uses IAM for 24-Hour Targeted Dispatch
Headquartered in Gonzales, Louisiana, EATEL provides local phone service, long distance, Internet, paging, e-commerce, and web development services to businesses and residents throughout the Louisiana area.
- Pac-West Telecom Uses Dual IAMs for Redundant Backup Alarm Management
Headquartered in Stockton, California, Pac-West Telecomm, Inc. (NASDAQ: PACW) is a provider of integrated communications services throughout the western U.S. Pac-West supplies Internet infrastructure and broadband services to Internet Service Providers (ISPs), and integrated voice, data and Internet services to small and medium-sized businesses.
- Sprint PCS Monitors Cell Sites with Tornado-Safe Backup System
This interview was held with Steve Smith of Sprint PCS. DPS' Director of Technical Sales Eric Storm conducted the interview.
- UAC Uses the IAM to Save Dispatch Time and Money
Founded in early 1997, UAC is a leading company focused on offering U.S. companies a unique way to contract for maintenance services for telecommunications, data networking, fax and copier equipment.
- Pathnet Distributes Alarm Data to Its Collocation Tenants with the IADS
Pathnet is a wholesale telecommunications service provider that delivers broadband access and transport solutions to under served markets nationwide over a wholly convergent network.
- Cypress Communications has Largest Deployment of NetGuardians
With headquarters located in Atlanta GA, Cypress Communications offers total, single source, communication solutions. Their advanced network is distributed throughout the US in over 150 locations providing local and long distance services, Internet access, digital television, voice mail and many other advanced broadband communication services.
- CapRock Communications' Alarm Distribution Needs Create the Alarm Distribution Shelf
Through the years, DPS has had a very successful relationship in working with CapRock Communications, a southwestern U.S. integrated communications provider (ICP) that offers local, long-distance, Internet, data and private line services to business customers via its 7,500-mile fiber network throughout Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arizona.
- VoIP Vendor PointOne Helps Develop the NetGuardian
PointOne Telecommunications Inc., headquartered in Austin, Texas, has established a position at the forefront of a converging communications industry. They provide voice and data communications (Voice over IP) to the wholesale market and mid-range enterprise customers.
- Frontier Communications Manages Alarms Graphically with T/Mon and T/GrafX
Frontier Communications of Burnsville, MN finds that their changeover to T/Mon and T/GrafX has really improved their alarm monitoring.
- San Juan County, N.M., Adds Legacy Support, Paging and Alarm History Recording with T/MonXM
San Juan County of New Mexico was monitoring their microwave network's status with an embedded system that used a Badger Mini-master to provided a hard copy print-out in their 911 call center ...
- Qwest Escapes Vendor Lockout by Using Four IAMs to Poll Pulsecom Dataloks
Qwest's Dallas Network Operations Center (NOC) employs four IAMs running T/MonXM software to poll fault alarm data from its network.
- GTE Mediates TL1, DCPF and Teltrac Data to SNMP with the IAM
Rob Walsman of GTE Telecom, Inc. had a dilemma. As OSS manager in Indianapolis, he was challenged to port all his network management data to a facility in Dallas, reporting to an SNMP manager. The problem was his alarm sources consisted of a variety of protocols, including TL1, DCPF and Teltrac.
- Triple-Play Provider Twin Valley Telephone Reduces Windshield Time with DPS Monitoring System
Twin Valley Telephone is a triple-play provider serving several counties in the Kansas area. The company is currently deeply involved with a major communications project bringing fiber directly to the homes of their customers. Read this article to see how Twin Valley Telephone leveraged DPS monitoring equipment and in-depth factory training to protect their revenue-generating infrastructure.
"Ask us anything"
Ask me anything:
To find out more about this and other DPS applications, give us a call at our toll-free number and talk to one of our network specialists. They'll help you put together a perfect fit solution for your network!