NetGuardian 216 SMS: Report alarms using SMS messages to phones and SNMP managers
The NetGuardian 216 SMS uses text message technology to transmit SNMP traps to your SNMP manager - or to send direct SMS messages to your cell phone.
Transmit alarms via GSM/CDMA without opening an IP hole in your network or paying a third-party data provider.
In the diagram above, the NetGuardian 216 SMS is sending direct SMS text messages to a cell phone. It is also transmitting specially encoded text messages to a SMS Receiver. The SMS Receiver will accept text messages from many NetGuardians, then transmit them via SNMP over LAN to your SNMP manager. This approach eliminates the need for third-party data providers or to "punch a hole" in your firewall.
The NetGuardian 216 SMS makes it cost-effective to monitor sites in your network that don't have available transport - or that need a backup transport channel.
- Wireless CDMA/GSM - Report alarms via SMS (plans starting at $2.35 per month) , either direct to your mobile phone or to your alarm master via the SMS Receiver
- Right-size capacity for small sites: 16 discrete alarms, 2-8 analog inputs, 2 controls and 1 terminal server port
- No third-party data services required
- Reports alarms to your phone, any SNMP manager, or the T/Mon Remote Alarm Monitoring System
- Build options include back panel cellular modem, serial port, OR POTS modem
- Reports to multiple SNMP managers - great for reporting alarms to different departments
- 4-threshold analog monitoring (Major Over, Minor Over, Minor Under and Major Under)
- Terminal server port for LAN access to switches, routers, PBXs and other serial-interface devices
- Intuitive Web Interface GUI (via LAN)
- Automated 24/7 Email Notifications via LAN
- Alarm notification messages (SMS) to your cell phone
- Logs Local Events, so you can track trends and locate recurring network problems
- Optional dual -48 VDC or 110 VAC power input
- Compact rack mount form factor
- Security Considerations: Encrypted SMS messages between the NetGuardian 216 and SMS receiver, without any IP routing involved
- Will only send reports when alarms occur; however, keep alive, or "heartbeat", messages can be configured
- Comes with single rack ear (2nd Ear optional, recommended)
- Free lifetime firmware upgrades
- Windows-based configuration backup utility: Stores and restores all your configuration files for mass re-loading
- Optional POTS modem supplies alternate path reporting to pagers & T/MON
To receive a price quote or ROI analysis...
Give Us a Call!
To find out more about this and other DPS applications, give us a call at our toll-free number and talk to one of our network specialists. They'll help you put together a perfect fit solution for your network!