Average user rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars
based on 17
reviews from the install base.
The NetGuardian 864A
: Monitors 64 discrete alarms and 8 analog alarms, pings 32 network elements, controls 8 relays, provides LAN reach through access to 8 serial ports, and reports via SNMP v1/v2c/v3 or DCPX, e-mail, or pagers.
Versatile and Capable SNMPv3 Alarm Collection.
Let the NetGuardian 864A be the solution to your alarm monitoring problem. It can mediate 64 discrete alarms right out of the box. If you need more than the 64 available, then you have the option to expand the numbers of discrete alarms available from 64 up to 256. That's a 300% increase from the base 64 discrete alarms.
The NetGuardian 864A also has an internal modem so that in the event that there is no LAN connection possible. You still have access to the NetGuardian with no problems at all. Reliable, capable and expandable when you need it, the NetGuardian 864A is what you want for your alarm monitoring needs.
- High Capacity: 64 discrete alarms (expandable to 256), 32 ping alarms, 8-32 analog alarms, 8-32 controls, and 8 serial ports.
- Reports alarms via SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, SNMPv3, or DCPX
- Reports alarms to multiple SNMP managers or TMon Remote Alarm Monitoring System. This makes it easier than ever to support a more secure redundant master architecture.
- Dual Ethernet support for secure network access. Both NICs have access to the NetGuardian but not to each other.
- DNP3 Protocol reporting option.
- 8 high-speed (110K) serial ports provide multiple user LAN-based reach through access to PBXs, switches, and any other device with a craft port or serial only interface. (Similar to terminal server functionality).
- Integrated 4 port 10/100 switch allows functionality with the NetGuardian SiteCAM for visual site surveillance.
- Alarm point grouping provides severity levels, custom virtual alarms and more.
- RoHS 5 approved, for overseas clients requiring RoHS compliant units.
- Alternate dial-up reporting path in case of primary communication path failure.
- Configure and monitor via Web browser.
- E-mail and pager notifications.
- Free lifetime firmware upgrades.
- Free Windows-based utility for off-site editing and remote provisioning via LAN.
- Multiple customization and expansion options.
- Integrate with the Building Access System.
- Add sensors for temperature, humidity, etc.
- Integrate site video surveillance into the NetGuardian web interface to help confirm alarms and increase site security.
- The NetGuardian hinged back panel accessories provide alternatives for wiring your alarm points. Wire wrap, screw-lug terminations, and punch block are some of the wiring options available.
- Multi-layer, multi-user, multi-privilege security system.
Client Reviews. (show all) DPS Site Dialer.
Receive custom voice alerts.
Powered by Alarm Shout(TM) technology.
See Real-World NetGuardian 832A Applications.
| || |
| Report Alarms as SNMP Traps: The NetGuardian 864A mediates 64 discrete alarms, 32 ping alarms, and 8 analog alarms to SNMP traps, and supports multiple SNMP managers at multiple IP addresses. || Control Remote Site Equipment From Your NOC, Web Browser, or Automatically: The NetGuardian's 8 control relays can be operated from T/MonXM, your SNMP manager, or any Web Browser. The NetGuardian can also be configured to automatically operate control relays in response to control inputs. |
| || |
| LAN-Based Terminal Server: The NetGuardian 832A's built-in terminal server functions allow you to access up to 8 serial devices via LAN. You can access, configure, and reboot remote site equipment without dedicated circuits and their recurring monthly costs. || Local Visibility Options: You can monitor the NetGuardian from any Web browser - a great way to check on alarms if your master is down. The NetGuardian can also send direct e-mail and alphanumeric pager alarm notifications. |
| || |
| Dial-Up Backup Path: Thanks to its internal 33.6K modem, you can still connect to the NetGuardian even if the LAN is not available. The NetGuardian's dial-up connection can be used as a secondary backup path, or as a primary path for sites without LAN access. And it's the ideal remote from sites that are transitioning to LAN. || |
The NetGuardian 864A monitors 64 discrete alarms and 8 analog alarms, pings 32 network elements, controls 8 relays, provides LAN reach through access to 8 serial ports, and reports via SNMP v2c, SNMP v3, DCPx, e-mail, or pagers.