Advantages of Monitoring Propane Tanks with the LPG Controller
Do you have multiple propane tanks as back-up power sources at your remote sites? If you do, you know how difficult it is to manage all the tanks, along with all your other mission-critical equipment. Monitoring your propane tank levels (and automatically managing them) is an essential step to ensure your sites are fully equipped in case of a commercial power failure. What good is a backup if it doesn't work?
Major Pitfalls of Inadequate/Nonexistent Propane Tank Monitoring & Control
Without monitoring & control, you can run into a lot of problems:
- Fuel Runs Dry - Running out of fuel is a big threat. If you aren't monitoring your tanks, how will you know when your fuel levels are low? While some companies use math to estimate fuels levels based on average fuel consumption, this isn't the best option. It is only a guess and does not factor in possible leaks. You could run out of fuel and not even realize it. You might even have a spare tank of fuel just sitting there if your tank switchover doesn't happen properly.
- Damage to Expensive Gear - Damage caused by generators running on empty can be devastating to your equipment. Motors that run on empty burn up and typically the damage is irreversible, forcing you to buy new, and costly equipment.
- Costly Truck Rolls - Another likely downfall of not properly monitoring your tanks is costly truck rolls. Sure, you can send a tech out to each site on a regular basis. But if you have a site that is 4 hours from the office, that one check up takes up the tech's entire day. And what if there is a problem when the tech gets there? Usually the tech will not have the right parts and tools to fix the problem (and he certainly won't have a fuel truck). The tech then has to drive all the way back to the office, get the right items and drive all the way back to the site. Think of all your wasted resources...
In this diagram, the LPG Controller is wired to the generator. The Generator is in turn connected to the 5 valves (one for each propane tank). Through the web interface, you can control the valves on the generator. Also, you can get up-to-date status reports and have them sent to your SNMP Master.
Monitor and Control Your Propane the Right Way.
Propane tanks and fuel levels absolutely must be monitored, but just monitoring is not enough. Imagine a tool that could do the work of a tech without costly truck rolls. You need a unit that can remotely operate valves on propane tanks. Additionally, you need gear that is proactive, alerting you immediately when there is a problem. That way, if human intervention is needed, you can send a qualified and experienced tech to the site with the right equipment.
The back panel of the NetGuardian LPG Controller by DPS Telecom
Propane sensor float demonstration:
The LPG Controller - Your Perfect-Fit Propane Solution.
The LPG Controller by DPS Telecom does just that. It gives you complete, remote control over your propane tanks and generator.
- Control Up to 5 Tanks - With the LPG Controller, you can remotely control and monitor the status of up to 5 propane tanks with the use of just one piece of equipment.
- Up-to-date Data Readings - The LPG Controller can send you up-to-date information on levels of propane and other fuels, allowing you to schedule refueling times. It can also alert you if there is a problem such as a leak in a tank. The LPG Controller helps you take the guesswork out of monitoring your propane tanks.
- Automatic/Manual Tank Cycling - With automatic and manual gas tank cycling, you can have the LPG controller cycle through your propane tanks. When a tank is nearly empty, the LPG Controller will shut the valve of the current tank and open the next one. This allows you to switch over to the next tank when levels are low, without sending a tech to the site.
- Built-in Web Interface - The web interface makes it easy to remotely monitor your tanks anywhere, anytime. As long as you have an internet connection and browser, you can login and see the status of your equipment.
At DPS, we receive many urgent quote requests after an earlier "Do Nothing" decision comes back to bite you. You have no reason not to be proactive (and maybe you'll manage to impress your boss).
Call us. Chat with an expert for 10 minutes. We'll email you a detailed quote with a custom application drawing. We'll even include a summary of business benefits you can use to justify your project budget.
Call 1-800-693-0351 now for your quote
(or send us a quick online message instead)