Video Guide: Setting Up Email Notifications On Your NetGuardian 832A G5 RTU
The NetGuardian 832A G5 is a larger capacity remote with 32 discrete alarms, 8 analogs and 8 control relays, it's best suited for larger sites.
Like almost all NetGuardian RTUs, the 832A G5 can send you automatic email alerts when important alarms happen. Here's how simple it is to set this up:
Adding an email notification target (address)
In "NetGuardian NGEdit" (Windows-based software):
- Click "Edit" (green button in the menu column)
- Click on the "Notifications" tab
- In the first column, click on the drop-down menu and select the "Email" option
- In the "Phone/Domain" field, enter everything after the @ symbol in the email address you want to receive alerts (ex. "dpstele.com" if your email is "email@example.com", for example)
- In the "Pin/Rcpt/Port" field, everything before the @ symbol in the email address (ex. "jdoe" if your email is "firstname.lastname@example.org")
- Enter the IP Address for your email server in the "IPA field"
- Click "Submit Data"
- Click "OK" when the "Saved" confirmation window pops up
Note the ID number of the email notification you just created (in this example, it is "1"). We'll be using the ID number in the next screen.
Associating an email notification to an alarm point
- Click "Base Alarms"
- Create an alarm point description. This will be the "Subject" of the email when an alarm is triggered (ex. "Hut Door Open")
- In the "Pri" field, enter the Notification ID number you noted previously ("1" in this example).
Sending another email copy to another address
You can enter a different Notification ID in the "Sec(ondary)" if you want a duplicate notification to be sent to a second email address you've set up. Both your Primary and Secondary Notifications will receive an email alert when an alarm is triggered in the NetGuardian.
- Scroll to the bottom and click "Submit Data"
- Click "Reboot" to reboot and write all the changes to the NetGuardian
Your email alerts from your NetGuardian are now set up
If you have any trouble with this procedure, please call DPS for free technical support at any time: 559-454-1600.