The NetGuardian 832A does as much as an RTU (Remote Telemetry Unit) can ... and then it does a whole lot more.
The NetGuardian's primary function is to mediate contact closures and analog voltages to SNMP traps - but it also serves as a reach-through terminal server, a self-contained all-in-one alarm monitoring system, a 24/7 email and paging system. - and then there's still more functionality ...
The NetGuardian 832A provides all the tools you need to for complete remote site management:
• Mediate 32 discrete inputs, 32 ping alarms, and 8 analog alarms to SNMP traps.
• Report alarms to multiple SNMP managers or T/Mon NOC
• Supports LAN or dial-up transport - immediately implement SNMP monitoring without LAN or use dial-up as a backup path in case of LAN failure.
• Monitor legacy telephony gear, battery plants, generators, security locks, temperature sensors, and all your other remote site equipment.
• Expand your monitoring capacity up to 176 discrete inputs with the NetGuardian Expansion Unit.
• 4-threshold analog monitoring (Major Over, Minor Over, Minor Under and Major Under).
• Control site equipment with 8 control relays.
• Control switches, routers, PBXs and other telecom gear through the NetGuardian's 8 terminal server reach-through ports.
• Integrated Web Browser interface for stand-alone alarm monitoring.
• Email and pager alerts for 24/7 alarm monitoring without a master.
• Live streaming video surveillance of remote sites with the NetGuardian SiteCAM.
• Included Windows configuration utility.
• Free lifetime firmware upgrades.