NetGuardian 832A Remote Telemetry Unit (RTU) Extends to Cover All Your Remote Monitoring and Control Needs
The NetGuardian 832A has standard remote telemetry unit capabilities, but can provide a whole new level of additional value.
The NetGuardian's primary function is to mediate contact closures and analog voltages to SNMP traps - but it also serves as a reach-through terminal server, a self-contained all-in-one remote telemetry unit, a 24/7 email and paging system.
Other features and functions of the evolutionary NetGuardian832A:
- Mediate 32 discrete inputs, 32 ping alarms, and 8 analog alarms to SNMP traps.
- Report alarms to multiple SNMP managers or T/Mon NOC so it's easier than every to support a more secure redundant master architecture
- Supports LAN or dial-up transport - immediately implement SNMP monitoring without LAN or use dial-up as a backup path in case of LAN failure.
- Monitor legacy telephony gear, battery plants, generators, security locks, temperature sensors, and all your other remote site equipment.
- 4-threshold analog monitoring (Major Over, Minor Over, Minor Under and Major Under).
- Control site equipment with 8 control relays.
- Alarm point grouping provides severity levels, custom virtual alarms and more.
- Integrate with the Building Access System
- Multi-layer, multi-user, multi-privilege security system.
- Email and pager alerts for 24/7 alarm monitoring without a master.
- Optional integrated workgroup LAN switch
- Optional SFP interface for fiber or GBit copper
This versatile remote telemetry unit is the ideal network monitoring solution and is the next evolution in the NetGuardian Series with new enhancements like Dual Ethernet, SNMPv2c, Multi-SNMP Manager support, High Speed Serial Ports, multiple communication methods and more.
More RTU Accessories
What can the NetGuardian Do For You?
- You can use one remote telemetry unit at all your sites, no matter what transport is available.
- You don't have to install new transport to collect alarms.
- As your network changes, you don't have to buy new remote telemetry units for new transports.
- You only have to maintain one set of spare units and spare parts for your entire network, for great cost savings and convenience.
- All your alarms are in one common format. You don't have to use a confusion of multiple consoles and multiple screens to monitor all your remote sites.
The NetGuardian 832A also supports a second global SNMP manager, so it's easier than ever to support a more secure redundant master architecture.
The NetGuardian 832A is RoHS 5 approved, for overseas clients requiring RoHS compliant units.
Ready To Install and Configure
The NetGuardian 832A is an easy-to-install remote telemetry unit, with industry standard connectors for all serial and LAN ports, alarm, analog, and control wiring. Hinged back panels with all wire wrap or pluggable connections are also available for other installation options. The unit mounts quickly in either 19" or 23" equipment racks while occupying only one rack unit of space.
Call DPS today to find out more about this one-stop remote telemetry unit solution provider and other applications. We will help you put together a perfect-fit solution for your network.
How to register for Factory Training