Why Should You Come to DPS Telecom Factory Training?
Hands-on training on advanced T/Mon techniques, taught by professional engineers.
DPS Telecom Factory Training is the fast way to learn everything you need to know about your T/Mon system and DPS remotes. If you work with DPS equipment, or train or manage those who do, you need DPS training.
This in-depth course will make you an expert T/Mon user in just four days, saving you weeks of trying to teach yourself with a manual. Plus you'll learn advanced T/Mon techniques - tips and tricks that will save you hours of work and make your monitoring much more effective.
"This training is worth a lot more because it's taught by the people who actually work with the system, not some corporate trainer."
--Larry David, U.S. Telepacific
Personal Instruction in a Friendly Atmosphere
Anyone who's attended a DPS Factory Training Event will tell you it's not like any other training course. Here's the difference:
- Personal instruction in small classes: Classes are capped at nine people, so your instructor can focus on you. If you want to spend more time on a topic, your instructor or a DPS engineer will be happy to meet with you in a one-on-one breakout session.
- Learn from engineers with real-world experience: Your DPS instructors are skilled engineers who have worked on DPS product design and field implementations. They know your equipment and how you use it.
- Work hands-on with real-world equipment: At a DPS Factory Training Event, you'll work directly with the equipment - and you'll get the unique know-how that only comes with personal experience.
- Complete access to DPS Telecom: You'll talk to the engineers who designed your equipment, tour the factory where it's built, and see the latest DPS products. If you've got a suggestion on how we can improve our products or services, we'll listen to you - and act to meet your needs.
- Friendly, welcoming atmosphere: The entire DPS staff will make you feel welcome. Hosted lunches and dinners will give you a chance to casually unwind with your classmates. You'll be able to share telemetry tips and experiences, and you'll get to know people you can relate to. Come to Fresno a day or two early and you can explore the splendors of nearby Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon National Parks.
What You Can Expect During the DPS Factory Training Event
"It's rare to see manufacturing staff, including the company founders, genuinely concerned about getting feedback on how their products perform, coupled with keen interest in improving their products."
-George Black, Advantel
Here's a standard four-day curriculum for the DPS Factory Training Event - but if you want to cover other topics, we'll change the curriculum to fit you.
- Day 1: T/Mon Basics: Monitor Mode, databasing, remote access and hardware.
- Day 2: DPS Factory Tour; NetGuardian 832A hardware, installation and configuration; KDA remote telemetry unit; AlphaMax dial-up RTU; firmware downloads; T/Windows; and T/GrafX.
- Day 3: ASCII alarm processing.
- Day 4: SNMP: T/Mon trap processing; mediating contact closures to SNMP traps.
"DPS Factory Training is a big help in not feeling intimidated by your network monitoring system. It's excellent - presented in the right way and tailored to the needs of the class."
-Bill Speck, 3 Rivers Telephone
Act Now to Secure Your Place at the Next DPS Factory Training Event
Attending DPS Factory Training will immediately repay you in faster implementation times, more efficient alarm monitoring, and better uptime. And if you have a T/Mon Gold Plan Maintenance Agreement, you and two of your colleagues can attend DPS Factory Training absolutely free - one of the great bonuses of Gold Plan membership.
Please see the enclosed calendar for dates of upcoming DPS Telecom Factory Training Events.
Call 1-800-693-0351 or visit www.dpstele.com/training today - Factory Training classes are small and they fill up quickly.
DPS Telecom Factory Training Event Calendar
View the current calendar. See when our Factory Training Events will occur. Learn more about the unit(s) you're deploying. Call and sign up for Factory Training today!
Video: Advanced Factory Training Course...
If you've ever been to Factory Training course at DPS Headquarters, you know just how much valuable information you come away with. T/Mon Monitor Mode, Edit Mode, GFX, NetGuardian functionality - our Tech Support Engineers cover it all. Now there's a special, once-a-year class for those wanting to go more in-depth on their alarm monitoring. Watch this video...