NetGuardian 216 SMS: Report Alarms Using SMS Messages To Phones And SNMP Managers
The NetGuardian 216 SMS uses text message technology to transmit SNMP traps to your SNMP manager - or to send direct SMS messages to your cell phone.
Transmit alarms via GSM/CDMA without opening an IP hole in your network or paying a third-party data provider.
In the diagram above, the NetGuardian 216 SMS is sending direct SMS text messages to a cell phone. It is also transmitting specially encoded text messages to a SMS Receiver. The SMS Receiver will accept text messages from many NetGuardians. Then transmits them via SNMP over LAN to your SNMP manager. This approach gets rid of the need for third-party data providers or to "punch a hole" in your firewall.
The NetGuardian 216 SMS makes it cost-effective to monitor sites in your network that don't have available transport - or that need a backup transport channel.
- Wireless CDMA/GSM - Report alarms via SMS (plans starting at $2.35 per month), either direct to your mobile phone or to your alarm master via the SMS Receiver.
- Right-size capacity for small sites: 16 discrete alarms, 2-8 analog inputs, 2 controls and 1 terminal server port.
- No third-party data services required.
- Reports alarms to your phone, any SNMP manager, or the T/Mon Remote Alarm Monitoring System .
- Build options include back panel cellular modem, serial port, or POTS modem.
- Reports to a lot of SNMP managers - great for reporting alarms to different departments.
- 4-threshold analog monitoring (Major Over, Minor Over, Minor Under and Major Under).
- Terminal server port for LAN access to switches, routers, PBXs and other serial-interface devices.
- Intuitive Web Interface GUI (via LAN).
- Automated 24/7 Email Alerts via LAN.
- Alarm alert messages (SMS) to your cell phone.
- Logs Local Events, so you can track trends and locate recurring network problems.
- Optional dual -48 VDC or 110 VAC power input.
- Compact rack mount form factor .
- Security: Encrypted SMS messages between the NetGuardian 216 and SMS receiver, without any IP routing involved.
- Will only send reports when alarms occur; however, keep alive, or "heartbeat", messages can be configured.
- Comes with single rack ear (2nd Ear optional, recommended)
- Free lifetime firmware upgrades.
- Windows-based configuration backup utility: Stores and restores all your configuration files for mass re-loading.
- Optional POTS modem supplies alternate path reporting to pagers & T/MON.
To receive a price quote or ROI analysis...
For further information regarding SMS monitoring solutions.
Need a Quote?
Get it by: 6:45 PM Friday (today)
Send Us Your Quote Request
We'll Start Work on Your Detailed Quote
Get Your Quote (Email PDF)
It's 12:12 PM on Friday at our Fresno, CA, USA headquarters. We can start on your quote right away.
Would you rather just call us? We're in the office right now. Call 1-800-693-0351.